25 June 2007

ETA from MN

Hey all! As many of you know, I am moving Jen to Oregon from Minnesota.

While we get her settled in, I won't be my usual available self, but if you need something related to one of our productions or related to a recommendation or Bowmer Project-related, please post in a current comment thread or phone if need be!

I plan to arrive midday June 30. Tonight is Fergus Falls MN. Tomorrow should be Medora ND, then Bozeman, Spokane, and Salem, making about 400 miles a day. [UPDATE] Turns out we made Glendive MT, shooting for Butte, then Pasco, then home... closer to 460 miles per day...and with road construction and only one of us able to drive the 26' trailer with the car carrier and the stray 40 mph headwind (which means we are getting crap for fuel economy), I don't wanna hear about anyone else's killer roadtripping skillz. I've been there and done it and have the t-shirt...this is my 11th road trip that has covered three or more timezones, as either solo or duo driver. I've done them for speed, I've done them for sightseeing, and I've done them for 'We need to get there, but everyone is exhausted cuz we just moved a three story house full of gear in two days of 90+ temps while one of us has a cracked rib, so we are going as fast as won't get us killed.' And yes, there was a snap in that tone.

Fantasticks scripts should be arriving July 15-20 and will be distributed immediately!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doty-kins, I'm applying for some jobs and I was wondering if I can write you down as a recomendation person contact thing....by the way, only 400 miles a day? Psh, such a weak drive! Mum says you're a wimp. We made it from Maryland in 2 and 1/2 days in a 24ft truck with 2 cats, 2 frogs, 2 snails, and a hampster. Oh! And have fun driving through the Dakotas, they're annoying and horribly flat and you'll probably get stuck behind a piece of farm equipment going at 5mph. Don't try to honk at them or pass -.- I almost learned too late that these actions are illegal in the Dakotas.

~Amanda C.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Doty. I didn't mean to upset you and I do hope you guys get here safe.

~Amanda C.